The month of Ramadan is just around the corner and what better way to cleanse and purify our souls and bodies by spending this holy month with utter discipline!
Most of us try to kill two birds with a single stone by sticking to a healthy diet throughout the month, but alas, not all of us are that lucky. Just the plain sight of a golden, crispy pakora is enough to make our resolves disappear into thin air and just to be clear; there is no healthy way to have a pakora!
Hence, my friends… indulge in these absolutely mouth-watering pakora recipes and have a yummy iftaar everyday this year!
Chili Cheese Pakoras
Just the name of these pakoras is enough to make one drool. The combination of green chilies and cheese is one of those recipes that completely tantalizes your taste buds!…
Well, only if you like your food hot!
· All you need for this recipe are a handful of long and broad green chilies, cheese of your choice ‘although mozzarella cheese works best with green chilies’, sifted chick pea flour, salt, red chili powder, a pinch of baking soda, cumin and enough water to make a batter.
· Prepare your batter before you slice open your chilies and it should be thick enough to hold on to the chilies.
· Wash your chilies and slit them along their length, keeping both the ends intact. You can remove the seeds if you don’t want your pakoras to be extra spicy.
· Before stuffing the chili with cheese, you can rub salt inside.
· Dip the chilies in the batter, coating them evenly and then simply fry them in hot oil till golden brown.
· Your melt-in-the-mouth spicy pakoras are ready!
Crispy Onion Pakoray
You can’t shy away from a plateful of fresh golden and crispy onion pakoras.
We all have mixed pakoras a lot during Ramadan but these stand-alone onion pakoras are sure to woo you.
· For this recipe, you will need your standard besan batter but to compliment the onions, you can add finely chopped cilantro leaves to it.
· 1 or 2 onions, thinly sliced into half-moon shape.
· These pakoras are made like any other pakoras but there is a catch. The batter should be thick like double cream and should have air bubbles in it to make the pakoras light and crispy.
· Dip them in green chutney and crunch away when ready!
Curry Leaf Chicken Pakoray
This recipe requires a few unique ingredients and this is what makes these pakoras super tasty.
· You’ll need to marinate boneless chicken chunks in a mixture comprising of peanut paste, ginger and garlic paste, some turmeric, salt, crushed red chilies, coriander powder, curry leaves and an egg.
· The besan batter also requires an additional ingredient in the form of corn flour.
· Once the chicken has been marinated well enough, add in besan and corn flour. Toss the chicken to get an even coating.
· Fry the chicken cubes till golden brown and crunchy!
Hope you liked the super easy, yet fun pakora recipes. Try these and let us know how they tasted!