The most awaited month of Ramadan is just a few days away and needless to say, we are all excited to enter this month with utmost energy and fervor. That said, the holy month of Ramadan is falling during the hottest and longest days of the year and it is imperative that we ensure our hydration levels are not affected.
Want to stay hydrated while sipping on something refreshing and totally amazing? Here are a few ideas!
Dates and Milk
As old fashioned as it may seem, dates and milk are the perfect way to break your fast. Not only are you following a Sunnah, you are also giving your body a post-fast energy boost with all-natural and healthy ingredients.
Here is how you can make the perfect date shake:
· All you need for this shake is 12 pitted and coarsely chopped dates, 2 cups of milk and your choice of nuts.
· Add ½ cup milk in the blender along with the chopped dates.
· Blend it till you get a smooth puree and then add the rest of the milk.
· You can add your choice of chopped nuts such as walnuts or slivered almonds.
· Tip: Add cream and honey to enhance the flavor!
What are long summer days without a cold glass of falsa sherbet? This remarkable purple berry is rich in antioxidants and a variety of nutrients and minerals; so it is fair to say that falsa sherbet is a must-have drink to break your fast with.
Here is how you can have the best falsa sherbet at home:
· To make falsa sherbet, you will need 1 kg falsas, ½ cup sugar, 2 cups water and a pinch of black salt.
· Add all the ingredients in a blender or grinder.
· Once you have blended it, strain it using a cup of water.
· Serve it with ice and get refreshed at iftaar!
Limonada or Mint Lemonade
No list of refreshing drinks is complete without mentioning mint lemonade!
This is the perfect drink to quench your thirst after a long and hot fast.
· All you need for this thirst-quenching drink is 2 lemons (with or without the peel, however you like), juice from 1 lemon, a handful of mint leaves, crushed ice and sugar.
· Blend all the ingredients together till it reaches your desired consistency.
· Strain this through a mesh strainer and don’t forget to add extra mint leaves before you serve.
· Tip: Add 7up for extra boost of energy!
Watermelon Ginger Juice
A refreshing watermelon drink is the perfect liquid you can serve at your Iftar party. Trust us. Everyone will love it!
· This energy-boosting and revitalizing drink requires only 4 cups of watermelon, 2 tsp of ginger, ¼ cup lemon juice and sugar to taste.
· Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend them with some ice cubes to give an extra jolt of coolness to the drink.
· Once it is done, pour it through a strainer before serving it. As a variation, you can add coconut water too.
Keep Yourself Hydrated During the Month of Ramadan and Enjoy!